Learn how to deliver highly memorable, interactive and confident talks and presentations.
“There are three things to aim at when delivering a presentation: first, define your message, then understand how your message will benefit your audience, and lastly, know how to get your message into the hearts of your audience. And, remember… if you can’t write your message in a sentence, you won’t be able to say it in an hour.”
As all skilled presenters know, at the heart of delivering a powerful presentation is the ability to connect and persuasively communicate to their audience. So, are you ready to learn how to stand up and speak confidently the next time you need to present or talk in front of a group?
The good news is that whether you’re making a formal or informal presentation, you CAN learn to deliver an outstanding and memorable presentations! The secret? It’s all about knowing how to use a proven presentation framework!
As a Presentation Power participant, you’ll discover how to give your words and presentation structure a certain appeal that captures your audience’s interest and leads all of those people listening to give you their full attention. You’ll also learn how to positively control your nerves– giving you greater clarity and less stress whenever you next need to stand up and speak!
- How to prepare for your next presentation with confidence.
- The right way to define your presentation objectives to ensure you achieve your outcomes.
- Simple ways to make your presentation more memorable.
- Techniques to manage your nerves and anxiety about speaking in front of others.
- What’s wrong with most presenters and presentations today (and why you need to be different)?
- What makes a TED-style talk and similar presentations stand out from most presentations?
- Examples of powerful talks.
- Turning (so-called) ‘boring topics’ into a presentation that engages.
- It’s ALL about your audience! Why analysing your audience is the first step for crafting any presentation or talk. * Templates included.
- How to gain your audience’s attention with a ‘compelling opening’. Why the first 90 seconds is critical for gaining the audience’s attention.
- Personalising your opening message with a relevant story, anecdote, statistic or question.
- Using body language and eye contact. Simple ways to focus the audience’s attention on you.
- Using the 7-step presentation process.
- Using a 7-step presentation skills process. Whether your presentation is just five minutes long, or a more substantial 60 minute presentation, the 7-step presentation process remains the same.
- How to handle tough topics, deal with difficult people, or ‘nightmare’ scenarios.
- ‘Death by PowerPoint!’ Why most PowerPoint presentation’s are terrible and don’t cut it anymore.
- Examples of awful and awesome PowerPoint decks. How do your slide decks compare?
- The Five Deadly PowerPoint Sins
Creating compelling slide deck using MS PowerPoint or Apple Keynote.